Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's Time!

           Hey everyone! I want to say thank you for all your support and prayers thus far on this incredible journey. If you haven't heard about it, talk to me or check out the blog below (you can also visit http://facebook.com/sendemorytothenations or http://sendemorytothenations.weebly.com). A quick update: I completed the pre-application process through AFS-USA about a week ago and have received the final heavy-duty application! This final step in the application process will most likely take me a couple weeks to complete, as there are so many different elements. After talking with multiple people from AFS, it seems that I will have no problem being accepted into the program (God-willing, of course), as I have a passing GPA, no medical conditions, no dietary restrictions, and am within the eligible age range.
            That being said, it is time to start fundraising! Right now, I need $900 by November 9th to confirm my spot in the program. This money will begin to cover the costs of training, airfare, international safety precautions (emergency assistance, medical needs, etc), food, ground transportations, materials, and housing.  Any amount donated would be greatly appreciated, whether it is $5, $10, or $300. This opportunity means more to me than merely exploring another country. It means being able to help hurting communities, love people, develop life-long relationships, and prepare for a gap year in mission work! I truly can not do this without you and I am thankful for all your support! If you would like to support me or track my progress, click here: http://www.rockethub.com/projects/33590-emory-to-chile

 Again, thank you all so much for you prayers. I know that God is present and guiding me through this entire process, and I thank you for supporting me in that way as well! God is so faithful and only through Him would any of this be possible. 


Much love, 

Emory

"Who is like You, Lord God Almighty? You, Lord, are mighty, and Your faithfulness surrounds You." ~Psalm 89:8

No comments:

Post a Comment